- Saturday, September 19.
- Registration begins 9 AM.
- The Walk is from 10 to 11 AM.
- Refreshments and prize announcements from 11 AM to noon.
Where: Starting and ending at the Crowell Lot Park on Western Avenue in Brattleboro (where High Street and Green Street converge). The walk will go from there, down Green Street and Elliott Street, up Main Street, and back via High Street, with refreshments for all: treats for the dogs, and ice-cream for the humans!
Bring your dog along — or not: We’d love to have you bring your dog if he or she is well-behaved (gets along well with others!). If not, please leave your four-legged friend at home, but join us on the walk — the more people walking, the better our message will get across. (No flexi-leads, please, or we’ll get all tangled up.)
Great T-Shirt! Raise $50 or more, and you’ll receive a terrific Walk for Animals T-shirt!
If you’re walking with us (or even in you’re not), PLEASE RAISE FUNDS via one of the following options:
MORE DETAILS ABOUT RAISING FUNDS ONLINE
Select the “FUNDRAISE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN” button just beneath the TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED on the right side of our campaign page.
Then, sign up either by creating a Crowdrise account, or using a Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn login. You sign up as yourself, or create a team name. Be sure to add a photo so people can find your profile! You can then edit your personal fundraising profile, use the Manage Campaign tab to solicit donations, and use the Team tab to invite others to become Fundraisers.
How can you best use Crowdrise to solicit donations? Here are some tips:
- Make your own donation first. That way your friends, relatives and associates will see your commitment to the Walk. (And you won’t have that big $0 staring at you!). If you can, please be generous – your donors will follow your example!
Email everybody you know! Send them a link to your Crowdrise fundraising page, and ask them to give generously. Email still works the best in terms of getting a response from people.
- Share your Crowdrise page on Facebook and Twitter. You can use the MANAGE CAMPAIGN tab on your fundraising page to do this. Ask all your connections to donate to your cause. Ask two or three times, with different messages. It’s for a good cause!
- Talk it up! Word of mouth works well! If you have a smartphone, bookmark your Crowdrise page so you can show it to people – and encourage them to make a donation right there via your phone.
- Tell people how easy it is to give via Crowdrise: As you’ll see when you sign up and make your own donation, making a gift to the Walk is very easy, quick and secure. Donors use their credit card, and they have the option to add 10% to their gift to cover the processing fee charged by Crowdrise.
- Say thank you! When people donate, be sure to follow up with a personal email, call, or Facebook message to let them know how much you – and the Windham County Humane Society – appreciate their support!
- Get your friends to join the Walk team! Tell your friends and family to go to your Crowdrise page and FUNDRAISE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN so they can message their own friends and help you raise some money.
Questions? You’ll find answers at the Crowdrise FAQ website page. Or contact Hollis at email@example.com. She’s happy to help you set up your page.
Many thanks to our SPONSORS!
Psssssst! Is your business looking for a unique way to support WCHS and its animals while benefiting from a gazillion outreach, advertising and PR perks (well maybe not quite that many…but a lot!) Click here> SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES