Our Services

Please click the section title to be taken to the appropriate page for more info!


Are you thinking about adopting a pet from our shelter? Great! Here you will find all the information you need to make your decision and find the right pet for you.

Intakes and Surrenders

The Windham County Humane Society accepts stray domesticated dogs, cats, rabbits, and other small companion animals from residents of Windham County, Vermont.

If you need to surrender a pet belonging to you or to a family member, you must first fill out a surrender form and submit it to us.  We will then contact you regarding the status of your surrender.  Please note, surrenders are accepted on a space available basis, and there may be a waiting list.

Spay and Neuter

The Windham County Humane Society can spay or neuter your cat or dog.  There is a fee for this service.

Pet Care Assistance

Pet owners who qualify for assistance under the EBT program may also qualify for pet assistance including free or reduced pet food and veterinary care.

Neglect and Cruelty Investigations

The Windham County Humane Society conducts neglect and cruelty investigations.